Sunday, March 8, 2009

Helloooo!
Currently in my applied study I am doing a lot of sales and marketing for my applied study. Yes, I could see myself doing doing more sales and marketing in my futures career. The only difference is that I do not want to be sitting in a cubicle and on the phones the whole time. I would life to incorporate my sales and marketing experience through travel, working in a fast paste setting and working face to face with customers.
My applied study will enhance my future career goals in the way that I am getting hotel sales and marketing experience and I am also understanding the logistics of planning large group corporate meetings. I will take all this experience will benefit me in many ways when my goal will be met by working in a hotel. The experience is also helping me communicate with customers one the phone which will enhance my communication skills in any career path that I chose.
I would have to say that I would like to work for Hospitality Performance Network in the future. But I really want to work in a hotel for many years to gain more experience in the sales side so that I can come back to HPN and be a very success full Sales Executive Associate. Meaning that I would book my own business and from home. That is the ideal job for me when I am settled down with a family. Right now I am itching to get out and gain my own clientele by working in a hotel or some other hospitality position.
Currently I am very happy with my applied study site and position that I am in. One thing that I dislike is that I am cooped up in a office all day. I want to eventually be working where I can be active by walking, traveling, and moving at a fast pace during the day.
I am learning a lot about communication, sales, marketing, meeting planning, and hospitality knowledge that will all enhance my career skills in this Field. I Know that this applied study site has been a huge impact on where I am today.
Working in an education setting has never been something that I have wanted to do. I would never want to have a class room of my own that is not where my passion is. I do now that I am very open to educating others on different cultures, experiences, and traveling. The only education that I would see myself doing in the futures is overseas in a unprivileged community/village or working in the Peace Corps.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn,
    One of my closest friends, who I have known since I was three years old owns her own business and works out of her house booking hotels for large groups. I think that she makes $5 per room commission and brings in around $100,000 per year. She also gets to be a Mom and always has time for her friends. She is who I call when my daughter is home sick from school and I need to teach etc... Her job allows her this flexibility and also brings in a pretty good income, so its definitely something for you to think about for the future.

    ReplyDelete